If you are looking for the most inexpensive cloth diapering option, Prefolds are the way to go! Although it is hard to find Prefolds made in the USA, we have some here!
If you are familiar with diaper services, you know that most use Prefolds. They give you high quality, yet are inexpensive, soft and very absorbent.
Here are a few things you should know about Prefold Cloth Diapers:
- They have a rectangular shape with three panels going length wise.
- A Prefold Cloth Diaper will state that it is 4 x 8 x 4 or 3 x 6 x 3, etc. which refers to the number of layers of soft cotton in each panel.
- The side panels get folded onto the thicker middle panel.
- The Prefold is then placed on a diaper cover and folded around the baby.
- No fasteners are needed with most wrap style diaper covers! If you prefer to use waterproof pull-up pants, you will want to fasten the Prefold with a Snappi Fastener or diaper pins.
You can learn the best ways to fold your Prefold Cloth Diaper by checking out our Diaper Folding Section here. You will find that there are many different ways to use a Prefold and can adapt it to place the most absorbency where your baby has the greatest need.